i. Come to class as there may be corrections, changes and additions. Significant late penalty per day.
ii. Use CodePen
to create a web page. (sign-up
iii. Send an email to email@example.com
1. Last Name, First Name
2. Your codepen account name
3. URL of your pen which is called "CODEPEN1"
iv. Comment! (guidelines)
v. Learn: codeacademy.com
Your page will begin as HTML5 "validation minimal" (9 lines).
Include comments (guidelines)
Your name and brief explanation of what is on the page
<meta charset="UTF-8" />
<title> your title here </title>
==> your html markup giving structure to your content
Things you MAY try
- Use html tags making sure to close each tag and use lower case. Close empty tags ( /).
- Use comments: <!-- --> (name, date, description)
- Quote all attributes
- Nest tags correctly
- Use the following HTML tags in addition to the template above:
img src="" (you'll need to hotlink to an image) (http://jbwyatt.com/I/wyattGeekXsmall.jpg)
a href="" (link to another page)
hr (horizontal rule)
h1 - h6 (headers - use some)
Modern pages use html for STRUCTURE.
CSS is used for STYLE.
- Experiment by using some "old school" html formatting tags: